Unicode Support for SkyDrive File System Plugin

Oct 31, 2009 at 1:28 AM

First of all thanks for your work and it is such a great tool to have.

one feature which is needed to use it on my skydrive and that is unicode support. Can you please add that support if possible.

thanks for your help in advance

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Hi baker,

It's good to hear that there are people who find this plugin worthy.

Regarding the problem you have, could you be more specific? What is the error, failure, symptom you're facing? Is there a special named file, folder or whatever you cannot access, upload or download? What is the error message you get if there is any ... etc., etc.

The plugin is written in .Net, which supports unicode by default.

Regards,

Gabor

Nov 3, 2009 at 12:31 PM
Edited Nov 3, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Thanks for your reply,

here is my skydrive link

if you access them and check them , they all have Unicode character names in file names. it is hard to change all of them to English one by one just to use in total commander.

hope this will make clear of my request.

Thanks for your reply again and for your help

Nov 3, 2009 at 12:32 PM

oh forgot to post link in my post above

http://cid-7aeae6890e51f53d.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/%d8%a7%d8%b1%d8%af%d9%88%20%da%a9%d8%aa%d8%a8

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Hi baker,

Thanks for the public link, it was really helpful to understand and debug your problem. That was the good news.

The bad news is that I hardly can fix it. The problem is that I'm a .Net developer. Both the SkyDrive API and SkyDrive plugin is written by me -of course- in .Net. But Total Commander cannot handle plugins written in .Net, by default. I needed a "proxy", which provides me the required connection between TC supported plugins and my .Net plugin. This "proxy" is the DTools.

The bug, the missing unicode support is in this proxy. I'd love to fix it, but even this DTools is an open source project, and it's free to download it's source code. The first problem arise is that I'm unable to compile it on my computer, additionaly, it's written in C++, with which I'm not familiar at all.

I'll try to get in contact with the author of DTools and ask to fix this bug.

Cheers,

Gabor

Nov 5, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Thanks and i keep my fingers cross with your project success. and i am sure you can do it even if it may require time.

also if you check the large pdf file size upload. i think something like 8 mb+ pdf failed to upload through total commander.

wish you all the best and God bless you.

Dec 3, 2009 at 12:51 AM

it have been a while since i last posted here, is there any progress in the issue? thanks

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Sorry, but no progress at all. I haven't received any reply from DTools developer ... and I still could not build/develop that "proxy" on my own ... :(